Friday, February 1, 2013

Taylor Sweet Corn Parade Float 2012

The youth in our Ward were in charge of making a float for the Sweet Corn Parade this year. I don't know if everyone likes Nacho Libre more than we do, but a lot of people sure like him up here! So Vance welded a little wrestling ring onto the trailer and this is what we came up with:


 It took some persuading, but we finally convinced Josh to wear the Nacho Costume I made for Vance last Halloween and one of the young women wore my Encarnacion costume. Loye was Ramses and Noah was Eskeleto. We strapped a speaker to the top of the truck and blasted the soundtrack from the movie while the kids wrestled on the trailer.


 After the parade, there was a Craft Fair and I had a booth in it. I sold almost everything I made!

 Our Relief Society had a Craft Day and so many people signed up to do my craft that Vance, Josh, and Jared Willis sat out in the barn and cut and sanded over 800 wooden blocks. Good men providing good service.

 And this was what we made with those blocks:
 While they were out in the barn sanding wood blocks, one of our favorite neighbors came by with big black trash bags full of home grown jalepenos from his garden. Needless to say, we spent the better part of the next day canning those jalepenos. We ended up with over 20 jars.



No comments:

Post a Comment