Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Layton is 12!!!

Every year when Layton has a birthday I am reminded that my baby is growing up. I get out his scrapbooks and go through the years over and over again. This is it for me. I have no more babies. He is  getting older and Josh is getting older and when they move out, Vance is just stuck with me. I wish time would slow down just a little bit. I want my boys to be young for a long time! Turning 12 is quite a milestone in a boys life in the LDS church. He graduates from Primary and goes into Sunday School. He becomes a Deacon and helps pass the Sacrament at church now. He advances into Boy Scouts and starts working on his merit badges to get him closer to his EAGLE. He will be going into Junior High after the summer. He is so fun and so smart and I love him so much. I've been tucking him in every night his whole life and giving him a kiss on his cheek right before he goes to bed. Just this week he informed me that I don't need to come in anymore. He's "Over it." WHAT?????? It broke my heart! He's growing up. I guess its time I did too.
 We got Layton an airsoft gun for his birthday so he and his friends can go out and have air-soft wars.
 He had a little party with 4 of his closest friends. We had pizza and soda and opened presents and then I took them to the Show Low Pool to swim for a couple hours.
 This is Layton, Ethan Amos, Sam Rhuele, Josh Willis, and Coy Owens.

 The 3 boys int he middle are all older than Layton. He is such a tall boy!!!
 Make a wish!!!!

 Cheers! Here's to a great year 12 in my little boy's life! I love you, Layton!

No comments:

Post a Comment