Saturday, February 2, 2013

Craft Fair and Christmas

The holiday season is always so busy! Well this year wasn't any different. I ended up doing another craft fair at the last minute and sold almost everything I made so that was nice. My friend Brenda did it with me and I think we've decided that the next craft fair we do will be our own.


Last summer Stephen and Nichole took Hanna to Disneyland and saw a sign there they loved but didn't want to pay for. So they asked me to paint one for them. I was so busy that I never did it and I felt bad so when Hanna's 8th birthday came in December, I finally painted her sign:


One of my friends, Shawn Hall, invited me to her family's "Pintrest Party" where they get together and make crafts and eat and have fun. We made these cute little presents out of wood and paper and ribbon. It was so fun!

Then my friend, Whittney Solomon, found a picture in a magazine of a craft she wanted to do so she came over one day and we made these:

 I think they turned out really cute! And they were fun to make!

Another friend of mine, Melanie Solomon, who lives next door, was in a car accident and totalled her car. Thank goodness she was fine, but she was really shook up. I made this little Christmas quilt and took it over to her. She really liked it.

Layton told me he wants his bedroom to be a Lobo theme, which is the mascot fro Snowflake Schools up here. So fro Christmas I made him this Lobo quilt. I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to a sewing machine but I try my best and it turned out pretty good!

My friend, Gail, needed gifts to give her co-workers at work so I helped her make these cute little jars and she filled them with candy and gave them away. There were 24 of them.

This tree was a gift from my mom for mine and Vance's first Christmas after we moved up to Pinedale in 1999. Josh was just 18 months old. We've used this tree every year since then. Its huge and full and beautiful!

Every year, I decorate the tree with Santas. We have other things on it too, but my theme is Santas. And of course all the homemade ornaments my kids have made...


This was the first year that Layton did most of the decorating of the tree himself. My health has been bad this year so I was happy to sit back and let him do it. And he did a great job!



Mom made all her daughters and daughters-in -laws a Christmas table runner this year. I think mine was the prettiest.


Growing up, we had an advent calendar that my mom made and when Julie got married, mom gave it to her. I loved it so much that I wanted one formy family so I made this one. Every day, Layton pulls out an ornament to hang on the tree. They start out being fun like Santa, snowmen, jingle bells, and stockings, but then they become camels, wisemen, angels, Mary, Joseph, and Jesus.


Vance gave me the Willow Tree Nativity Set for my birthday a few years ago and I think its my favorite Christmas decoration of all. Especially since we have an extra "guest" at our nativity. When Josh was in elementary school, he made a little green alligator out of clay and brought it home. One day I was dusting and noticed that his alligator had made its way into the nativity scene. I kinda smiled and I moved it to the bookshelf, thinking maybe Josh had just been playing with it and left it there unintentionally. The next day, I noticed the alligator was back at the nativity so I asked Josh why I kept finding it there. He so seetly and innocently informed me that he wanted to see the Baby Jesus too. Since then, there has always been room in our nativity for a little green alligator. It wouldn't be complete without him.





One of my favorite traditions at Christmas is baking Million Dollar Oatmeal Cookies. This year we made over 500 and gave them all away. Layton helped me a lot.






And there is nothing better than homemade rolls...

We had family home evening at the Willis' and made gingerbread houses. It was crazy and fun and loud and everyone had a good time!



On one of our trips down to the valley, we stopped at Kevin's and Misty's and he showed us the projects he was working on in his garage. He is amazing. He makes some of the coolest stuff. He made these wagons out of wheelbarrows:



And then it was Christmas Eve so we left milk and cookies out for Santa:
 And my sweet little Layton went to sleep at 7pm! He didn't want Santa catching him awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment