Saturday, April 21, 2012

While the Kids are Away, the Moms Will Play!

This is Gail, Brenda, and I at the gas station before our ride. We also went with Jolyn and Vicki, who were on another quad. We rode for a couple hours and had a great time. We went out to Shone's Dam. I got very sunburned on my face and now I have racoon eyes. Ugh. We did this while everyone's kids were a school and mine were down in the valley.
Vance took the boys and went down to the valley to tile my sister's shower for her. I planned to sleep in, do a little painting, watch some tv, you know - your basic slacking. Did it happen? Nope! My friend woke me up to go to a yard sale in the morning, then we went out riding quads for a few hours, then I came home and planted grass seed in my front yard, then we all met and went to dinner and a movie. We saw "The Lucky One". It was good. I woke up this morning with renewed hope for a slacker day and what did I do? Watered my lawn, did dishes, did laundry, went for a ride with JoJo on the ranger, talked to my neighbors for a while, cleaned my car, watered my lawn again, cleaned the chicken coop, and played the piano. I'm not sure I remember how to be a slacker! It's been a while. The only thing I slacked on was the painting I needed to do. Oh well! Vance will be home with the boys tomorrow and he's bringing up 16 young chickens to add to our coop. Holy toledo!

No comments:

Post a Comment