Friday, April 13, 2012

Our Friday the 13th Project:


So I just realized all my pictures downloaded backwards so you get to see our progress from finish to start! We borrowed our neighbors dump trailer and got a load of fill dirt to fill in the hole in our backyard that used to be a pond. We will probably need more dirt. It didn't quite fill it. Vance's parents came over for a few hours and helped us move rocks and spread dirt.
Josh was thrilled to come home from school and realize we had some fun things in store for him: shoveling and raking!
Vance used the rototiller to help soften the dirt so it would spread easier.
We took rocks from an old garden area near the house and used them to outline the driveway. The ranger always comes in handy when we need to haul stuff.

This area was created by the previous owners of the house for flowers and vegetables. We are going to build a carport there so we needed to move the rocks out!
While it looks like Vance has been working hard, he just barely picked up the rake when I took this picture. I am actually the one who did all the raking and rock removal to prep the area for more dirt. We are going to plant grass here. I can't wait!

This project started at about 8 o'clock this morning and we are still not done and it's almost 6pm! We are expecting rain or snow this weekend so we're going to hold off on planting the grass. We've really killed ourselves today and I won't be surprised if we can't move tomorrow. I have blisters on my hands and my neck is out again and my arms feel like they're going to fall out of their sockets. But I WILL HAVE GRASS!

No comments:

Post a Comment