Friday, April 13, 2012

What I've been up to this past month...

My sister, Amy, is an English teacher at St. John's high school and is also on the prom committee. The theme for prom this year is "Enchanted Forest" and I am helping them with the decorating. In addition to setting up some of my gazebos and lights and stuff, I offered to paint a 24 foot mural as a backdrop. Their requests were that it include water, a castle, and a big moon. My mom and Amy helped me paint it. It's finished now and next week it will get set up on the stage in the auditorium. I think it turned out pretty good.


And then there was the Pinewood Derby...




And the Relief Society Birthday Dinner...



The Relief Society Birthday Dinner was fun and it's over now. The theme was "Create" and we asked everyone to bring in things they've "created" to display. It was a really good turn-out. I "created" the cake and the decorations. We have a very talented group of ladies!
Then we had our Pinewood Derby and that was a lot of fun too! I wish I had pictures of the food we served because it was sooooo cute! It was all located at the "Pit Stop". We had round sugar cookies frosted in red and green that said stop and go on them. We had rectangular rice krispie treats outlined in black with red, yellow, and green m&m's as traffic lights. We had pretzels as axles, oreos as spare tires, and yellow punch as fuel. We had trophies and medals for all the boys and it was super fun! As the boys arrived, they stopped at the weigh station to weigh their cars, then could go to the Fix-It Shop to add graghite or work on their cars, then re-weigh. Once they were done working on their cars, they had to pass final inspections and go get their driver's license before parking their cars in the Parking Garage. They had chair covers with their racing numbers on them. One of the moms had a couple awesome tires for us to use on our award table. We had checker flags everywhere! It was a lot of work but a lot of fun too and we had a lot of help putting it together!
I'll post pictures soon of the trip Vance and the boys went on with the Scouts. I was pretty jealous that I didn't get to go because Havasu Falls is one of the most amazing and beautiful places on earth and I would love to go back some day. I was 14 when I went down with my family. Vance took some great pictures but I haven't gotten them off his camera yet. So you'll just have to wait!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment