Monday, April 23, 2012

Sad Day To Be a Chicken

Vance and the boys came home from the valley yesterday with a box full of chickens. By the time they got to Payson, most were dead. By the time they got home, all but 4 were dead. By the time we went to bed, 2 were still alive and one looked like it was on it's way out. This morning, we were happy to find that it pulled through and looks like it will make it. So we ended up with only 2 chickens to add to our chicken family. So sad. I never thought it would happen but I've gotten really attached to my little egg-laying ladies. When I go out there to feed and water, they rush up to me and rub against my legs. They like it when I talk to them, too. I would be devastated if something happened to them! Good thing I hadn't met those other ones yet!

1 comment:

  1. that is pretty funny/sad! I didn't know that chickens were so frail! You all look like you're loving Snowflake. We miss you here but we are glad you like where you are now :)

    ReplyDelete