Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Days of Summer and Warmth, Come Back!

Warm summer days seem so far in the distant past. Winter is still in full swing and I'm already dreaming of the sun! Growing up in Gilbert, people used to ask me how I could stand the heat of the summer months with temperatures getting up into the 120's at times. I LOVE the heat! I would rather sweat than freeze any day! Yet, here I am, living in the White Mountains, freezing my honeybuns, and longing for summer! I can't say I miss the valley, but I do miss the warmth sometimes so its a trade-off. And while I don't ever plan to live there again, who says we can't visit? We had some really fun times in the Arizona summers of Gilbert. Times like these:The above picture is Josh being pulled on a tube behind the boat at Saguaro Lake. Below is Josh, Layton, and Vance riding the go-carts in Show Low.Below, Josh is helping Cooper, Eliza, and Layton shoot Kevin's bow and arrow in Pinedale at the Hoopes' Cabin.


Josh and Layton love to ride the quads at Grannie and Poppies house in Pinedale.

Vance really wants JoJo to learn to love to swim but he won't get in on his own. We have to carry him in and hold him and then he likes it. Especially on those really hot days.

Our garden really grew well and Layton loved picking the vegetables so we could make salsa!


Sunsplash was always a favorite for the boys.

Tubing down the Salt River is something we did every summer, sometimes multiple times.

Josh loves to build rockets. Sometimes we'd go over to Mesa High to launch them. He let Layton pull the trigger on this one.

Layton, Vance, and Josh love jumping off this cliff at Saguaro Lake. It was too high up for me!

Vance did an insanely crazy thing and jumped from this cliff that had to be at least 80 feet up from the water. No thank you!!!

I hate this picture of me but its really good of Vance and of the water and sky in Mexico. This was our 14th Wedding Anniversary we celebrated in Rocky Point. Our relationship started there back in 1993. I could live there. Its one of my most favorite places on earth. I miss it!

Layton, Eliza, and Amanda play well together. This is Julie's backyard. The green grass makes me warm just looking at it!

Layton, Emily, and Andrew spent a lot of time swinging in the hammock in our campsite at Big Lake. We try to go every July.

Big Lake is one of the most beautiful places! Our family loves to camp and fish. Good times!

Its February now so June really isn't that far away. I can't wait to make more fun summer memories to add to the ones we've already made!





























No comments:

Post a Comment