Monday, February 13, 2012

My Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Valentine's Day came a little early this year for me. Vance bought me a new wedding ring. This past summer, I dropped mine in the lake while we were swimming. It was devastating and I cried for weeks. I loved my ring. I wore it for almost 16 years and it had become a part of me. I never took it off. And on top of losing my ring, Vance lost his wedding ring at the river two weeks earlier. How awful is that? I had found a silver men's wedding band in the dirt a few years ago and put it in my jewelry box. Of all the crazy things, it fit Vance's finger perfectly. Its old and scratched but it works. So he's been wearing it. I've been wearing no ring and I hate it! So you can imagine my elation that I now have a wedding ring again! It will never compare to my original ring, but it is very beautiful and I absolutely love it! Its quite significant that he gave it to me for Valentine's Day too, because he gave me my first ring on Valentine's Day back in 1996. I know I am a very lucky girl to have such a wonderful husband. And I know it really doesn't matter if I have a ring or not, I know he loves me and I love him. My ring is just icing on the cake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment