Monday, February 27, 2012

Busy Busy Life!



This is a really old picture but it perfectly represents my life right now. Out of control.

I don't remember the last time I was this busy but I also don't remember the last time I was this content in my life, either. Normally when I'm crazy busy like this, I let it stress me out and my family and my life fall apart. I keep waiting for the panick to set in that I'm not going to get everything done, but its not coming. Maybe I'm growing up, maybe I've learned to deal with it better, or maybe I'im just in a better place in my life. Whatever the reason, I'm grateful because my plate is REALLY full right now!






Vance, Josh, Layton, and I all spoke in Church yesterday so for the last 2 weeks I've been working on our talks. I'm the new Cub Master in the ward and our Blue and Gold Banquet is tomorrow so for the last week I've been making invitations, planning a menu, planning a program, picking up awards, making decorations, and shopping for supplies. Our Pinewood Derby is just around the corner too, so I've been trying to get a jump on that too, buying the cars for the boys, planning the event, and gathering materials. We are heading down to the valley tomorrow night right after we clean up the Blue and Gold Banquet and will probably roll into town after midnight. Then we'll get up early in the morning and set up a wedding all day, then attend the wedding, and then take it all down that night. Vance will head back home the next day to go to work but the boys and I will stay at my mom's till Saturday so that we can help Josh's good buddy, Alex, with his Eagle Project. Next week I'll be making a 3 tiered cake for our Relief Society Birthday Dinner and helping make the centerpieces and decor because I'm also on the Enrichment Committee. I have also started the 24 foot long 8 foot high mural of an enchanted forest I will be donating to Saint Johns High School for their prom in April. We are hosting a game night next weekend with the group of friends we play games with once a month too, so thats another thing we need to get ready for. And Josh is going to start having track meets to go to and Layton starts baseball in 3 weeks. Then Vance and the boys are going down to Havasu Falls over Spring Break with the scouts. In between all this, we have been doing drywall upstairs and my house is covered in a constant layer of white dust so I'm cleaning all the time. I find time for laundry and dishes and bathrooms occassionally, and I love taking JoJo for his walks. But what I love the most is when Vance and I get to hang out with good friends. We still make time to go out, to play games, to go to the Temple, and to watch tv sometimes together. Sometimes my sister Amy comes and spends the weekend with us and we always have a good time. Vance is always working on some project around the house or outside. We stay so busy that you'd think we never slow down, and if you blink, you'll miss the times when we do slow down, but I've never been more happy. Its a crazy life we live but we know it won't be like this forever. Someday our projects will all be done and we won't know what to do with ourselves, but what fun it will be to come up with stuff to do to fill our time!



1 comment:

  1. I have high blood pressure just from reading about all the things you have on your plate! YIKES! I think you need a time out, but the good kind. Go get a mani/pedi or something!

    ReplyDelete