Saturday, January 14, 2012

My baby boy is growing up













Layton turned 11 this week and it has made me think back on his life. He had such a rough beginning. I was so sick with the pregnancy and went into labor so early. (He was due in March) We did everything we could to keep him inside me longer but he wanted out! We were told he was in distress and may not survive. His chances were even less if we stayed in ShowLow to deliver him, as they were not equipped to handle a baby that premature - we needed to get down to Phoenix FAST! Problem: It was January and there was a blizzard outside. Problem: No helicopter was willing to fly us down there. Problem: It would take too long by ambulance.

I remember being very scared for my baby. In our little hospital room, we said a prayer that all would be well. Within minutes, my doctor was back in the room saying there was a pilot who owned a tiny plane who was willing to fly us down to Phoenix. It was a miracle. Layton Christopher Hoopes was born on January 11th at 8:49pm at St. Josephs Hospital by emergency C-section. He weighed 4 1/2 pounds but he was perfect!

Layton has been such a blessing in my life and in the lives of our family. He is so smart and so energetic and so full of life. He has an awesome imagination and a truly wonderful sense of humor. I LOVE spending time with him. I don't know what I'd do without my sweet Layton.













No comments:

Post a Comment