Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!!











This past year was a really long year of waiting! Waiting for Vance to finish all his clinicals, waiting for him to graduate, waiting for him to take his board exam, waiting for him to get job, waiting to find a place to live, waiting to move into our new house, we waited for a lot of things! And it seemed like time moved so slow! I am hopeful that this year will bring good things and lots of happiness. We are so blessed to be settled and starting our new life up here. We are blessed to have a house that has lots of projects, both big and small, to keep us busy! I love projects! We are so blessed that our boys love living here and love their new schools. We are so blessed to have family come up and visit us. Last week we had Carlie and Eliza, Kevin, Misty, Cooper, and Riley come up and stay with us. We went to the snow and played, we played lots of cards, we went for rides on the ranger, we played at the park, we did some tree and rock removal in the back yard, and we relaxed! It was lots of fun! On New Year's Eve, we went outside and had a big bonfire and ate apple cobbler and ice cream. Then we had our own little fireworks display and went to bed by 10:30. The kids made a fort in the family room with mattresses and blankets and since Eliza was the only girl, she picked the password to get into the fort. It was hilarious to listen as Layton and Cooper begged to come in by saying, "Girls Rule." Now that everyone has gone home, things are quiet here and I miss them! We restocked our firewood this morning and then Vance and his dad worked on building a chicken coop next to the stables. It's really looking good. When Josh came home from school, he took over the welding and did a great job! Layton and I stacked the firewood up by the house and did some raking. Tomorrow I think my project will be Josh's bedroom. It is still neon green so I'm going to paint it while he's at school. I'm excited to get started! Layton's room will probably be next! In between all my projects, I squeeze in laundry, dishes, mopping, cleaning, grocery shopping, mopping, bathing JoJo (he's ALWAYS muddy!), more mopping, and meal prep. I am such a lucky girl that I get to stay home and do all these things! This is the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment