Friday, December 23, 2011

Some pictures of our new home...































I love my new house. It needs a lot of work and it's definitely a fixer-upper, but thats part of what drew me to it. There is a hall bathroom and a spare bedroom bathroom but the master bathroom is just an empty room, waiting for us to turn it into a bathroom. There is a large room upstairs that is unfinished that wants to be a game room but for now its just plywood and rafters. There is no garage so we'll be adding one later. There is a family room, but no living room, so for now, my piano sits in the dining room until we add on a living room later. The master bedroom is so big, I don't have enough furniture to make it look normal so I have avoided doing anything with that room. There is an awesome fireplace in the family room that keeps us so warm that the heat never kicks on. It was built in 1973, though, so it needs some updating. We haven't bought any blinds for the windows yet and most of the light fixtures need to be replaced. The kitchen is big and spacious but the cabinets are falling apart so we plan to basically gut the kitchen and start from scratch when we get more time in the spring. The boys' rooms are painted bright colors from the previous owner's choices. Josh's is lime green and Layton's is blue with a huge wallpaper mural of a football game on the wall. I haven't done anything in their rooms yet but believe me, I will! That lime green is a killer! Outside, there is a pond in the backyard that I like, but will be filling in because it's in a weird spot. There is a huge barn that Vance will be using as his shop. There is a stable with 3 stalls for cows or horses (we want to get cows) and a large pasture area for them to roam. There used to be a chicken coop attached to the stable but apparently it wasn't structurally sound and it collapsed under the weight of the last snow storm. We will be rebuilding it in the spring, as my boys have big plans to have chickens. There are a lot of fruit trees, which I love, and a big garden area where I can't wait to plant my garden! The thing we have the most of right now is MUD! I can't wait to plant grass in the yard and pour concrete in the driveway! We have big plans for this house and I am so excited to get started on all our projects! For now, I am grateful we have a good roof over our heads, Vance has a good job, the boys are happy up here, we are warm and healthy, and we have a place to call HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment