Saturday, December 24, 2011

I'm a lucky girl!



This is a special Christmas for our family this year. We are in a new town, a new home, there is no family close by, we are going to have a very small, quiet Christmas. It is sad that we will miss Grannie's annual Christmas Eve seafood dinner to celebrate her birthday. We will also miss our annual Christmas dinner of scalloped potatoes and ham at Grandma's house. We will miss visiting cousins and friends to see what Santa brought them. We will miss the huge variety of stores to visit for after-Christmas sales. We will also miss the Temple lights at the Mesa Temple. And although we will miss so much, I am hoping that we will gain a renewed closeness as a family. I hope we will enjoy the quiet stillness of just being at home with each other. I hope we can be reminded of how much we love each other and how much fun we can have together. I hope we'll make memories that the kids will cherish forever. Santa will come tonight and I can't wait to see my boys enjoy their gifts in the morning, but what I am most looking forward to is putting it all aside, getting into our Sunday best, and going to church to hear beautiful music and inspiring words that will remind us why we celebrate this day. I love it when Christmas falls on a Sunday! I love my Savior. I know He lives. I am so blessed...with family, friends, health, a new home, a car that runs, a husband who has a job, food on the table, and so much more. And I know that ALL my blessings come from Him. And the greatest blessing of all is that I know I can be with my family forever. I'm a lucky girl!

Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment