Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day











We stayed up last night watching old home videos of past Christmas's and finally got to bed around 11:30pm. We were up at 7 am this morning and had a very relaxing time opening presents. It was a very nice morning. Josh got a new camera, a CTR ring, a foot bath and some video games. Layton got an RC car, a stereo, legos, and some video games. JoJo got some new chew toys. Vance got some ties, some chocolate, and some nice homemade things from the boys. I got a new winter coat, a book, and some floor mats for my car. Then we went to church and listened to a beautiful Christmas program performed by the choir. We came home and I attempted to make my mom's scalloped potatoes and ham. I also made rolls. I think it was a success because I doubled the recipe and it all got eaten! I have an apple cobbler in the oven right now and while we wait for it, we are working up an appetite playing Fruit Ninja on the Kinect. Thanks Santa! There is still snow on the ground outside but we didn't get any new snow today.

I am one of those people, so yes, my Christmas tree is all packed away already. I love how it looks before Christmas, but I'm ready for it to go away by Christmas day so that has become my tradition every year. It was fun hearing from family today and learning about their fun day. The kids have one more week off before they go back to school. We have already experienced some bickering over video games but we quickly nipped that in the bud and hopefully they won't forget that over this next week.

We have plans to go tubing in the snow, catch a movie, and maybe go to the pool this week. I'm excited to have my boys home with me this week, but I'm thinking I might be just as excited to see them go back to school! We'll see...

For now, I am happy, my kids had a good Christmas, and all is well in the Hoopes Household.

No comments:

Post a Comment